Sunday, December 19, 2010

How do we love you? Let us count the ways...

I must say I don't know many people who love grapefruits as much as we do; and when I say we I mean me and my kiddos. We live for the winter because we know we will finally get to enjoy grapefruit season. My sister-in-law always calls in October to see if we want to buy grapefruits from the Jr. class and I always say "YES!" with way too much excitement that is normal when talking about fruit. This year I bought 3 boxes which equals 72 grapefuits and we've already enjoyed a box and a half. :) Sure you can buy grapefruit year round, and I have given in a few times when the kids have begged hard enough, but when we get home we're always dissapointed. I don't know many 5 year olds who ask their moms if it's grapefruit season yet. It's not out of the ordinary for us to eat six grapefruits at one sitting ~ I mean we really love grapefruit.

When you think about it, it's amazing how God works...yes, I've skipped from grapefruits to God, but bear with me there is a point to this. The winter months are the hardest on our bodies because we're stuck inside deprived of the vitamin D our bodies need to keep illnesses at bay ~ enter the glorious grapefruit ~ full of vitamin C; which as we all know is very important to our immune systems. Once again, God knew exactly what He was doing when he created the pamplemousse (that's French for grapefruit because I thought you might be getting tired of reading the word grapefruit.)

BTW, February is National Grapefruit Month, but I just couldn't wait 'til then to blog about this juicy fruit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...