Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Tornado Hit our Barn ~

~ our gingerbread barn that is. Some of you may remember our cute little gingerbread houses the kids and I made last year. You can read all about how I had to let go of my OCD tendencies and let the kids have fun in this blog post from last year. Well, old habits die hard and this year was no different than last. I always go into a project with visions of perfection...



So far so good right? Wrong.


The gingerbread pieces were too soft and kept cracking. We tried to "glue" them together with the icing, but there was no saving the barn.


Once the roof collapsed, we decided there was no turning back...we had to just go with it.


Isn't this just pitiful?


This picture makes me wonder about what could have been...


All I know is we had alot of fun with this mess. The kids were laughing and eating the candy (2 things they're really good at) and I was snapping pictures (one of my favorite things.) I'm pretty sure we will always remember the gingerbread barn the tornado hit...

1 comment:

  1. I think the cleanup crews will be more than willing to help:)

    ReplyDelete

Comments welcome ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...