Monday, December 3, 2012

First Grapefruit of the Season ~



If you've been following my blog for a while you might have read this post about our love of grapefruits. For months the kids have been asking if it's grapefruit season yet.  Well, today was an exciting day in our house. The kids were so happy to discover grapefruits on the kitchen counter. I only bought a few because I didn't know how good they were going to be. They were delicious! Now we get to wait patiently for our annual box(es) of  grapefruits from the Jr class at our nieces' school. Those are the best!

I was an adult before I knew how to properly eat a grapefruit. For most of my life I used a grapefruit knife and painstakingly cut each little bite out of it's little segment...thanks to my sister I know how to eat a grapefruit the way God intended them to be eaten. First cut the ends off, next carve the rind off, then carefully cut each segment out. I'm pretty sure these instructions are as clear as mud, so if I were you and were really interested in this, I would just Google it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...