Friday, May 11, 2012

Wheat Free Pancakes

Wow! Has it really been over two months since I posted to my blog. I finally sat down and updated my header. How depressing was that snow scene? Anyway, it's bright and cheery now and that makes me happy. One of the many reasons (excuses) I have for abandoning my blog has been Little Dribblers. This year both kiddos were playing and between practices and games I just didn't have a post worthy thought in my head. Being busy also did a number on my resolve to eat healthy. To be honest, I think it was just an excuse to jump off the wagon for a while and what's extra crazy is I ate my healthiest while away on trips. For some reason my will power goes into overdrive when it's tempted the most. Weird.

The other day I just wasn't hungry for my normal omelet for breakfast. I wanted pancakes. What does a girl who is trying to stay away from wheat (gluten) do when the urge for a pancake hits? She comes up with a wheat free pancake recipe.


I've always loved coming up with recipes with whatever I have on hand. Sometimes they turn out, sometimes they don't. I'm happy to say this one is a keeper. Since that glorious day a couple of weeks ago when I had my pancake craving, I've made these several times. Every time I love them more.

Gluten Free Pancakes
(I've really tried to come up with a witty name for these pancakes. It's not happenin'.)

1 egg
tsp half and half
1/8 tsp vanilla
1/16 tsp Xylitol
sprinkle of cinnamon
2 tsp almond flour

This makes one pancake. I mix the above ingredients in a bowl then pour into my cast iron skillet that's been melting a little coconut oil. (Did you really think I would share a recipe that didn't involve coconut oil?)

Before I assemble the above ingredients, I pour about a cup of frozen blueberries in a small saucepan add a pat of butter and let them cook on low while I'm making the pancakes.

You know I'm a fan of good healthy fats and what pancake would be complete without a nice pat of organic butter on top. The butter really makes it good, but you don't need me to tell you that.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments welcome ~

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...